Future Group forms joint ventures with US office stationery retailer Staples.Home Town, the home building and improvement products retail chain, is launched along with consumer durables format Ezone and furniture chain Furniture Bazaar.
- Future Group moves beyond retail and acquires a stake in Galaxy Entertainment, Indus League Clothing and Planet Retail.
- Future Group sets up Kshitij, India's first real estate investment fund, to build a chain of shopping malls.
- Future Group launches India's first seamless mall, Central, in Bangalore.
- Food Bazaar, the supermarket chain is launched.
- Future Group launches three Big Bazaar stores within a span of 22 days in Kolkata, Bangalore and Hyderabad.
- Future Group enters modern retail with the launch of the first 8000-sq. ft. store Pantaloons in Kolkata.
- Future Group launches John Miller, a brand for Formal shirts.
- The Pantaloon Shoppe, Future Group's exclusive menswear store in a franchisee format is launched across the nation. The company starts distribution of branded garments through multi-brand retail outlets across the nation.
- Initial Public Offer (IPO) of shares by the Company
- BARE, an Indian denim brand is launched.
- The company is incorporated under the name of Manz Wear Private Ltd.
- Pantaloons, one of India's first formal trouser brands, is launched.